Ensuring the long-term quality and safety of a PV system is a necessary requirement in order to assure the best performance and to minimize risks of failure. In addition, the periodic verification of system performance is of utmost importance so as to check whether the system complies with warranty and equipment guarantees, minimizing in this way investment risks. This course covers theoretical and practical aspects for trainees to develop skills and understanding on the minimum requirements for documentation, commissioning and inspection of grid connected PV systems according to IEC 62446.
Candidates will have the opportunity to operate professional state-of-the-art equipment (located only in a few places globally) and to be trained by worldwide renowned personnel.
Upon completion trainees are expected to be able to:
- Understand the importance of PV system inspection and testing
- Understand the minimum requirements for inspection and documentation in compliance to EN 62446
- Demonstrate ability to perform PV system inspections and conduct performance assessments for grid-connected PV systems
Guided Learning: Seminar presentation 2 Days (15 hours)
Practical Work: Experimental work 1 Day (6 hours)
- PV installers and designers
- Qualified technicians and engineers
- Students of engineering
3 Days (21 hours)
- University of Cyprus Competence Certificate will be awarded to candidates who successfully complete the course
- University of Cyprus Attendance Certificate will be awarded to candidates who fail or do not wish to undertake the competence assessments