This course covers theoretical and practical aspects for trainees to develop skills and understanding on the design and installation of both stand-alone and grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) systems alongside with innovative topics such as self-consumption, smart meters and storage.
The main topics covered throughout the course include initial site assessments of the installation area using site-survey equipment, the risk assessment analysis, system design, installation and basics of commissioning, maintaining and troubleshooting PV systems.
Emphasis will also be given to all the requirements of a grid-connected PV system according to all related international standards with main focus the design qualification and type approval requirements of terrestrial PV modules, as outlined in IEC 61215 and 61646. The general performance testing requirements according to IEC 62446 will also be defined.
Candidates will have the opportunity to operate professional state-of-the-art equipment (located only in a few places globally) and to be trained by worldwide renowned personnel.
Upon completion trainees are expected to be able to:
- Design, install and commission both grid-connected and stand-alone PV systems (as well as systems that utilise storage) according to the appropriate standards and correct methodologies based on electrical guidelines and regulations
- Troubleshoot and maintain the quality of PV systems
- Demonstrate ability to conduct performance assessment for grid-connected PV systems
Guided Learning: Seminar presentation 5 Days (40 hours)
Practical Work: Experimental work 3 Days (15 hours)
- PV installers and designers
- Qualified technicians and engineers
- Students of engineering
8 Days (55 hours)
- University of Cyprus Competence Certificate will be awarded to candidates who successfully complete the course
- University of Cyprus Attendance Certificate will be awarded to candidates who fail or do not wish to undertake the competence assessments